Smiltene District Council
According to the Latvian Republic administrative reform that was formed on 1 July 2009 Smiltene district, which includes the city of Smiltene and eight surrounding parishes - Smiltene, Blome, Branti, Launkalne, Variņi, Palsmane, Grundzāle and Bilska parish.
According to the law "Par pašvaldībām", the municipal main functions are:
- organizing public utilities;
- to take care of their administrative spatial planning and sanitary cleanness;
- to establish procedures for the use of publicly accessible woods and waters, unless the law provides otherwise;
- to take care of public education, culture and to promote the preservation of traditional cultural values and folk development of creativity;
- to provide access to health care, as well as promoting a healthy lifestyle;
- to provide social assistance;
- to organize custody, guardianship and adoption cases;
- to give assistance to housing issues;
- to promote the business in the administrative territory, take care for the reduction of unemployment;
- to issue permits and business licenses, if required by law;
- to ensure public order, fighting against dipsomania and depravity;
- in accordance with the administrative development plans to determine the construction of it;
- to manage the construction in the administrative territories;
City Council in accordance with the City Council and District Council Elections Act consists of
15 Members. In order to ensure that its operates and develop council resolutions, there have been established three substantive committees:
- Financial Affairs and Development substantive Committee, composed of 11 deputies;
- Culture, education and sport in the substantive Committee, composed of 7 members;
- Social and health issue substantive Committee, composed of 5 members.
Council meetings are held the last Wednesday of every month from 15:00, they are open and are open to all district residents.
In order to ensure that urban and rural population equal access to government services, citizens have the opportunity to receive basic services in their districts. Parish administration:
- Ensure the competence of the local directory service and provide information on local government related issues;
- Municipalities provide social benefits expenditure on social services and social assistance as provided by law;
- Accepting submissions, complaints and proposals from the inhabitants from that area;
- provides access to information on council decisions;
- provides parishes economic activities according to the approved budget, powers and procedures approved by the City Council Rules;
- provide district administrations institutions and bodies situated in the territory;
Pēdējās izmaiņas: 23.04.2019 18:01:37
Copyright © 2011 Smiltenes novada dome. All Rights Reserved.
Pārpublicējot informāciju, atsauce uz Smiltenes novada domi ir obligāta!
Web design & programming: SIA LaGET